Births for August 2013
- Annie and Tristan Service a girl. A daughter and first child, Ava Love Bricole Service, was born Aug. 31, 2013, at home to Annie and Tristan Service, of The Dalles. She weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 21 inches.
- Justin and Lacey Collins a girl. A daughter, Suttyn Penelope Collins, was born Aug. 29, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital to Justin and Lacey Collins, of White Salmon, Wash. She weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces and measured 19½ inches. She joins a brother, Cameron Charles Collins, 3½. Grandparents are Kevin and Robin Collins, of White Salmon, Wash., and Wendy Delehant (Riggleman), also of White Salmon. Great-grandparents are Arnold and Judy Collins, of Canby, Murray and Bobby Kiggins, of Hood River, Ron and Sharol Riggleman, of White Salmon, and Mike and Lydia Kimlinger, of Salem, Ore. Great-great-grandparents are Ed and Rose Grove, of Underwood, Wash., and Ralph and Pinky Kimlinger, of Juneau, Alaska. Delivered at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
- Sable Duback and Ray Gaffney a boy. A son and first child, James John “JJ” Gaffney, was born Aug. 19, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital to Sable Duback and Ray Gaffney, of Mount Hood. He weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and measured 22 inches. Grandparents are Sue and Woody Eskildsen, of Hood River; John and Paula Duback, of Oregon City; and Tona Landreth, of Hood River. Great-grandparents are Hope and Steve Chubb, of Mill A, Wash.; rosy Niezgoda, of Hood River; and John and Gail Duback, of Vancouver, Wash. Delivered at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
- Ashley and Jonathan Post a boy. A son and first child, Peter Joshua Post, was born Aug. 16, 2013, at home in White Salmon to Ashley and Jonathan Post, in view of a double rainbow over Mount Hood. Assisting in the birth were midwife Lorri Ellen Carr and student midwives Adria Fuller and Eudine Stevens. He weighed 9 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 22 inches.
- Jeremy and Kara Young a boy. A son, Kacey Richey Young, was born Aug. 20, 2013, at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital to Jeremy and Kara Young, of Hood River. He weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 19½ inches. He joins brothers Kalvin, 9, and Kody, 5. Grandparents are Jim and Jenny Young, of Prescott, Ariz., and Craig and Aleath Nichols, of West Jordan, Utah. Edith Tripp, of Monroe, Utah, is the baby’s great-grandmother. Delivered at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.