Gorge Angel Investor Workshop
- When: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Where: Gorge Innoventure, Hood River
- Cost: Not available
- Age limit: 18+
- Categories: Business
This information-packed workshop will explore several fundamental concepts of Angel investing:
• Investment landscape: seed funding, venture capital and exit strategies — how does angel investing fit in?
• Due diligence: What makes a company a good target for angel investment?
• Deal points: How to avoid pitfalls, and embrace best practices, in the investment term sheet.
The workshop leader is Jim Huston, co-managing director of the Portland Seed Fund. Huston is a tech industry veteran with close to 20 years of experience advising and investing in early stage technology companies around the world. Prior to his role as managing director for the Portland Seed Fund, Huston was the managing director at Blueprint Ventures, a Bay Area technology growth capital firm, and director of strategic investments at Intel Capital.
While at Blueprint and Intel Capital, he led investments worth more than $67 million in 19 companies which have returned more than 2.5 times invested capital. He currently sits on the boards of 4-Tell and Oregon Public Broadcasting.
This event is open to previous Gorge Angel Investor Network members and others interested in equity investment.
RSVP required by June 23; contact Michael Church at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-956-2301.