By RAELYNN RICARTE
News staff writer
August 9, 2006
Hood River County Public Works Department hosts a household hazardous waste collection event Aug. 12, 9 a.m. until 2 p.m., at the public works yard at 918 18th St. in Hood River.
Hazardous wastes are products that have the words “caution,” “warning,” “danger” or “poison” on the labels.
On Saturday, bring:
* oil-based paints and stains
* septic field/drain cleaners, oven cleaners
* gasoline kerosene and other fuels
* pool and spa chemicals
* pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and poisons for home use
* antifreeze and other automotive fluids
* thinners and solvents
* household cleaners and disinfectants
* household batteries
* art and hobby chemicals
* aerosol spray products
* propane tanks or bottles from barbecue grills
* fluorescent lamps and ballasts
Do not bring latex paint or motor oil.
This event is for household waste only, not for agricultural or business-generated wastes. The program will begin accepting those wastes in February 2007.