Photo by Kirby Neumann-Rea
ASA May, 15 months, enjoys craft activities at Hood River Middle School with his mother, Erica, of Hood River.
As of Friday, September 22, 2017
Looking for something to do this weekend — and beyond? This list offers a variety of options, from music and stories to gardening and after school activities.
• Sept. 22-23 — Merry Christmas, Strega Nona, 6-8 p.m. Sept. 22 and Sept. 23 from 10 to noon at Columbia Center for the Arts. Musical; adults/seniors, teens/young adult, children third grade and older. Will run in December.
• Sept. 23 — Hood River Farmers’ Market, 9-1 p.m. at Fifth and Columbia. Local food and craft vendors, children’s activities, live music, cooking demos, hot food vendors and more.
• Sept. 23 and 27 — Music Classes for Kids, 9 a.m. at Cutie Pie, downtown Hood River. Play instruments and sing along with Miss Beth. $10 per family; come any time. For children ages 0-5. For more info contact Beth Rago, 510-778-3100.
• Sept. 23 — Underwood Community Gardens Children’s Program, 10-11:30 a.m. at the Underwood Community Center, Underwood. “It’s a Wrap: Garden Cleanup and Savings.” For children ages 7-12. Parent supervision required. More at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sept. 23 — Storytime at the Cascade Locks Library, 11-11:30 a.m. Free, all ages welcome.
• Sept. 24 — Mosier Farmers’ Market, 4-7 p.m. at the corner of Highway 30 and Center Street (next to Mosier School). Live music and other activities. More at www.gorgegrown.com.
• Sept. 25 — Fun with Fluency, 11 a.m. at KidSense Pediatric Therapy Center. Information and techniques to support children struggling to produce smooth speech. Most appropriate for parents and caregivers of children 2 and a half and under. Free; drop-ins welcome but registration preferred at 541-386-0009 or kidsensepatientcare.gmail.com.
• Sept. 26 — Afterschool Magic the Gathering for Kids, 4 p.m. at Hood River Hobbies. Learn to play, deepen your strategy and deck building skills, play with other kids. $20 for the month of September (4 sessions). Parents must register kids age 8-14. More at www. hoodriverhobbies.com.
• Through Sept. 27 — Thank You Cards for Firefighters at Parkhurst Place Assisted Living. Cards in the library and well-wishers may sign as many as they’d like.
• Sept. 27 — Pokémon Club, 4 p.m. at Hood River Hobbies. $5. Learn to play, learn strategies, play with other kids. Parents must register kids age 7-14. More at www. hoodriverhobbies.com.
• Sept. 28 — Storytime at the Hood River Library, 10:30 a.m. For babies/toddlers and “big kids.”
• Sept. 28 — Fun with Fluency, 5 p.m. at KidSense Pediatric Therapy Center. (See details above.)
• Sept. 30 — Mushroom Lecture and Forage sponsored by Cascade Mountain School. With Michael Beug. Bring a sack lunch. All ages welcome. More info or register at www. cascademountainschool.org.
• Sept. 30 — Teen Movie Night: Wonder Woman, 4-7 p.m. at the Hood River Library. For teens and tweens. Popcorn and world-saving adventure. Free.
For those wanting to help teens
• Sept. 26 — ASPIRE Training, 7 p.m. at the HRVHS computer lab. Second session for new volunteers, but returning volunteers also encouraged to attend. Sign up at 541-387-5034 or email@example.com.