As of Tuesday, April 24, 2018
The Hood River County School District will hold its annual “Kindergarten Roundup” May 7-11.
This is the time for parents to register their children entering kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year.
Parents are to register their children at their local school on the following dates and times:
Cascade Locks, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is a parent open house on Tuesday, May 15 at 5:30 p.m.; 541-374-8467.
May Street Elementary, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is a parent open house on Tuesday, May 15 at 6 p.m.; 541-386-2656.
Mid Valley Elementary, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is a parent kindergarten readiness class on Thursday nights at 6 p.m. during the month of May; 541-354-1691.
Parkdale Elementary, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 541-352-6255.
Westside Elementary, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is a parent open house on Monday, May 7 at 6 p.m.; 541-386-1535.
Students must be five years old on or before Sept. 1 to meet the age requirement for entry into kindergarten. Parents need to bring the following to registration:
- Child’s state birth certificate, baptismal, passport or adoption paper.
- Immunization records.
- Social security card (voluntary).
- Proof of residency in Hood River County, which includes a parent’s electric bill or other utility bill, current rent receipt with address and signed by a landlord, or a mortgage statement, or Oregon driver’s license, Oregon DMV card, Matricula Consular card or Oregon voter registration card.
Oregon law requires the following shots for a child entering kindergarten. These vaccinations may be obtained from your family doctor, local county health department, or health screening clinic.
- 5 Diphtheria/ Tetanus/Pertussis (DTaP)
- 4 Polio
- 1 Varicella (chickenpox)
- 2 MMR or 2 Measles, 1 Mumps, 1 Rubella
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
Contact your neighborhood elementary school if you need addition information.