• Aging in the Gorge Alliance / Alianza de la Tercera Edad meets every 4-8 weeks, on a weeknight (always with refreshments provided) at Down Manor in Hood River. The date and exact time are chosen in advance by online polling. AGA and its committees are open to all concerned for the wellbeing of elderly people and those who care for them. Call 541-354-1666 for more information.
Hood River News wants to expand Gatherings; if your local non-profit organization hosts regularly-scheduled meetings, send us details and a daytime contact name and phone number. Gatherings will be published on a regular basis and we want to include as many community groups as possible. Consult the items above for word count, style, and content. Send to Trisha Walker, twalker@hoodriver....
• Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug (ATOD) Prevention Coalition meeting the first Wednesday of each month at Grace Su’s China Gorge, 3:30-5 p.m. Please contact 541-386-2500 for more information.
• Area Agency on Aging, Senior Advisory Council (SAC) meets first Tuesday of the month, 10 a.m. to noon at 1113 Kelly Ave., The Dalles. The public is welcome. Discusses senior programs, services, budget, and area plan for the counties of Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, and Wheeler. More at 541-298-1166.
• Columbia Fibres Guild meets at 10 a.m. on the second Tuesday of the month, September through June, at The Dalles Public Library, The Dalles. Please check location before attending. The guild promotes the crafts of spinning, weaving and fiber arts by providing encouragement and education with programs, demonstrations, classes, mentoring and community outreach. Members from novice to professional are welcome. For more information, email ColumbiaFibresGuild@gmail.com or call President Anne Kramer at 541-786-3378.
• Coastal Conservation Association Columbia Gorge Chapter, meets monthly at 6:30 p.m. in Hood River and The Dalles (odd months, in Hood River at the Charburger; even months in The Dalles at Spooky’s Pizza). Open to public. For more info contact President Charles Parker at 541-806-3669 or email@example.com.
• Domestic Violence Support Group, Tuesdays at noon. Free; for women survivors. With Rebecca Hunter, MSW, in partnership with Helping Hands Against Violence. Call for location, 541-400-0186.
• 11th-Step (“Fresh Step”), Sunday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Bethel Congregational UCC Church, 480 E. Jewett Blvd, White Salmon. A meditation support group for all persons interested in participating in a 12-Step recovery program for any addiction. More info at 414-587-4065.
• Gorge Photography Club, second Monday of the month in The Dalles, at Columbia Fire & Rescue, 1400 W. Eighth St., and fourth Monday of the month in Hood River, Next Door Meeting Room 965 Tucker Road.
Social time 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. More at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• GriefShare Support Group, 10 a.m. to noon at Tucker Road Baptist Church, 1455 Tucker Road, Hood River. Special help seminar and support group for people experiencing grief and loss. More info at 541-386-1049 or www.trbaptistchurch.org.
• Hood River Art Club meets Thursday mornings, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to motivate, share, and support each other’s creative endeavors. Building M1 at the Hood River Alliance Church, corner of Montello and Rand. Open to the public. All levels of expertise in any art medium; bring your project, supplies, lunch plus $1 for coffee and misc.
• Hood River Zen sitting group meets on the second and fourth Sundays of the month at Good Medicine Lounge, 1029 May St. from 3-5 p.m. for sitting and walking meditation, chanting, tea and discussion. We are affiliated with Portland’s Dharma Rain Zen Center.
See HoodRiverZen.org for more information.
• Mid-Columbia Council of Governments (MCCOG), fourth Tuesday of the month, 1:15-3 p.m. at 1113 Kelly Ave., The Dalles. The public is welcome. Discusses services of Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, and Wheeler counties. For more info visit www.mccog.com or call 541-298-4101.
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) support group meeting the fourth Saturday of every month, 10 a.m. at the Hood River Library, 502 State St., basement meeting room. For more info call Margie, 541-980-7479 or Susan, 541-380-0829.
• Overeaters Anonymous, Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ninth and States. In Hood River, contact Liz at 541-490-3819 for more info.
• Unit 20, Oregon Retired Educators, noon monthly meetings September through June, alternating between Hood River, Wasco and Sherman Counties. Interested persons may inquire at 541-478-3429. As one of our goals, we award an annual scholarship to a teacher candidate. Scholarship information at 541-354-1505.