‘Take Two’ at CEBU; Amber Charms dance Sept. 19; more
Lorang Fine Art on WaNaPa Avenue in Cascade Locks announces it will hold its annual fall open studio starting at 11 a.m. on Oct. 4 as part of the Western Columbia River Gorge Fall Festival of the Arts (www.fallfestivalofthearts.com).
Entertainment update for Aug. 26
Hood River beer aficionados have a chance to meet up with Jeff Alworth, author of “The Beer Bible,” on Sunday, Aug. 23. He’ll be at Double Mountain Brewery as part of the Great Bottle Roundup, which starts at noon. If you’re ready for a 644-page reference guide that represents over two years of world-wide travel to major beer-producing regions, Sunday would be a good time to head down and check it out.
Hillbillies at Vintage Grille; Free Moe Dixon concert Aug. 23; Ural Thomas at The Ruins; more
Hop Trip at White Buffalo; ‘Finest,’ more at River City; more
I probably don’t need to say this, but music has been crazy-good this summer.
Gospel concert Aug. 16; Tony Furtado at CEBU Lounge; more
Hell’s Belles at the Columbia Gorge Hotel Aug. 14; MacMillan at Lyle Hotel; more
Showcase happens Sunday at arts center
You might have seen the writers.
Dufur Threshing Bee Aug. 8-9; Music at Maryhill features The Bylines, Willy & Nelson; more
Farren, Rawlins, at Ruins; Jim Macmillan at Volcanic; more
‘Breaking N the Gorge’ Aug. 7; TEN30 at River City July 31; more
Concerts at Skamania Lodge; The Pines celebrates July 31; more
Where art thou? Auditions for ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Aug. 1-2; more
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- Beer Bible puts Hood River on the map - Interview with Jeff Alworth
- New Orleans style Tubaluba returns Aug. 21; mile marker 6 reunion show Aug. 23
- The voices have the power for ‘Independence Eve’
- Soul Man: Ken DeRouchie talks about the old River City, liking Steely Dan and his ‘best album yet’
- A different side to Pamela Parker
- Deep soul and rare records: Ural Thomas and the Pain plays Hood River Feb. 13