Thus ends the publication of Fair results for 2015. Our thanks to Clara Rice, Hood River County Fair manager, and department managers, and Debbie McDonald of OSU Extension Service, along with Abby Walker for typesetting.
The 2015 Columbia Gorge CASA Play House Raffle is underway and will be available to view at First Friday in Hood River on August 7.
Join Gorge Owned (GO!) for Green Drinks Aug. 19, 5:30-7 p.m. at Mount Hood Gardens, Inc., 1570 Orchard Road, an award winning garden and landscape company, and learn about how they have been beautifying, designing and installing parks and private gardens in the Columbia River Gorge for almost 30 years.
Oregon Farm Bureau invites the public to submit photos for its 2016 Oregon’s Bounty calendar through September 15.
All calls were responded to within the County of Hood River.
July 2015 – City
Monday brings the public’s chance to let Hood River elected officials know their views on proposed city government strategies on affordable housing.
Third medical marijuana dispensary opens downtown
Just months before early recreational marijuana sales germinate across Oregon, a third medical marijuana dispensary comes to Hood River.
Bob Dill, of Mosier, likes to build.
Following an intensive three-day bail hearing, a judge set Eagle Creek murder suspect Stephen Nichols’ cash bail at $200,000 Wednesday morning.
4H results continued
Continued Aug. 8.
All calls were responded to within the City of Hood River.
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Angelina as the program’s adoptable pet of the week:
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- Beer Bible puts Hood River on the map - Interview with Jeff Alworth
- New Orleans style Tubaluba returns Aug. 21; mile marker 6 reunion show Aug. 23
- The voices have the power for ‘Independence Eve’
- Soul Man: Ken DeRouchie talks about the old River City, liking Steely Dan and his ‘best album yet’
- A different side to Pamela Parker
- Deep soul and rare records: Ural Thomas and the Pain plays Hood River Feb. 13