Greg Colt will run for mayor in November.
Tim Snyder has been hitting the streets and handing out business cards to let people know about his dream project of establishing the Underground Music Station — a music lesson, rehearsal and recording space conveniently located in downtown Hood River.
1. To keep toxic chemicals out of my body. Even though we’ve been assured that the tiny amounts of pesticide residue present on our fruits and vegetables won’t hurt us, we do know that tiny amounts add up over time. These toxins tend to get stored in our fat, our liver and our brains. The fewer toxins inside me the better.
Where can you get fresh, seasonal produce grown by local farmers delivered weekly?
The organic food movement isn’t new — Wikipedia claims it began in the early 1900s, before the First World War — but it is enjoying a surge in popularity. There are several organic markets in Hood River, two of which are Mothers Marketplace, located near downtown, and Rosauers’ Huckleberry’s, on the Heights.
Tamara Logsdon and Tyler Hulett are taking the long view with their Kickstarter campaign.
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Howie as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
The waiting room of The Gorge Green Cross, Hood River’s first medical marijuana dispensary, looks like any other.
A Hood River man has been sentenced to 60 days in jail, 24 months probation, and ordered to obtain a mental health evaluation after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting horses in the Oak Grove area.
The hum of summer comes from many sources, and the waterfront is a major one.
A plan to construct a hotel and retail development near the Hood River Waterfront took a big step forward Tuesday night when the Hood River Planning Commission voted to approve a conditional use permit for the project, despite objections from a local citizen group who say the project is improperly sited.
Monday judging kicks-off week of activities
The grounds are ready – are you?
Pigs live where Stephanie Pickering’s garden used to be, but that’s okay with her.
We will be livestreaming the first debate of the 2014 Oregon Gubenetorial election at 10:15 a.m., July 18. Democratic Gov. John Kitzhaber will be squaring off against Republican challenger Rep. Dennis Richardson of Central Point.
Too Slim and the Taildraggers are playing a free show downtown Hood River on Wednesday, July 16!
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- Interesting influences for Great Elk
- Curtis Salgado makes Hood River stop July 19
- Double music bill may add to upcoming heat wave
- Getting back in the Loop with Arthur Lee Land
- Soldier turned writer, artist still haunted by Iraq war experience
- Former BR549 leader Chuck Mead lends experience to Grassy Knoll Boys