Class size thoughts; Call to leaders; ‘Good work’
What we saw hanging in the air around us Friday puts a twist on the old saying: “There’s smoke, where’s the fire?”
It’s a great thing when you see the connection between two apparently unconnected news items you read in the newspaper. (That kind of serendipity just doesn’t happen as well when you read online, can’t explain why.)
Good ol’ days; ‘Sad sight’; more
Estate sales are always bittersweet things, and in its own unique way that is certainly the case with the one at landmark Rasmussen Farms.
Church League softball ended another season last week.
Support food labeling; ‘Yes, he ran’
At the request of President Obama, Governor Kate Brown, on July 21, ordered flags lowered to half-staff at all public institutions until sunset on Saturday, July 25 in honor of the victims of the Chattanooga shootings.
It’s easy to submit your news item to the Hood River News.
Pet reminder; Honor Roll; Do part
Bear with me a bit as we take a look at how it would be to be confined to a small room.
You can count on the Fair for a blue ribbon experience.
Sometimes the lowest points need our highest vision.
Draw your point by Monday; Keep talking about pot; more
Protect meadow at high prairie, highline safety judos, 'More normal than not', great local arts
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- The voices have the power for ‘Independence Eve’
- Soul Man: Ken DeRouchie talks about the old River City, liking Steely Dan and his ‘best album yet’
- A different side to Pamela Parker
- Deep soul and rare records: Ural Thomas and the Pain plays Hood River Feb. 13
- Ben Ballinger brings ‘State I’m In’ to Gorge Jan. 2
- Going to see a band that really gives