Estate sales are always bittersweet things, and in its own unique way that is certainly the case with the one at landmark Rasmussen Farms.
Church League softball ended another season last week.
At the request of President Obama, Governor Kate Brown, on July 21, ordered flags lowered to half-staff at all public institutions until sunset on Saturday, July 25 in honor of the victims of the Chattanooga shootings.
It’s easy to submit your news item to the Hood River News.
You can count on the Fair for a blue ribbon experience.
Sometimes the lowest points need our highest vision.
Early summer has been a tragic time on local highways.
A real good time in real time.
“Beautiful Bounty” is a parade theme that well-describes the event itself.
Do you think Sunday’s thunder storm was loud?
Have fun in the sun — and the water — but stay safe
Here are some tips from American Red Cross and National Weather Service for how to beat the heat:
Public agencies must take the lead in conserving precious resource
Word came from a reader this week about some sidewalk watering by a public agency.
Today’s compendium of summer events points to matters of both caution and celebration.
On Sunday I found myself crossing a busy street in Cannon Beach, though I was stopped short of a rash and dangerous act.
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- The voices have the power for ‘Independence Eve’
- Soul Man: Ken DeRouchie talks about the old River City, liking Steely Dan and his ‘best album yet’
- A different side to Pamela Parker
- Deep soul and rare records: Ural Thomas and the Pain plays Hood River Feb. 13
- Ben Ballinger brings ‘State I’m In’ to Gorge Jan. 2
- Going to see a band that really gives