Large crowd braves the cold on Saturday; 'It's been amazing what has done through here'
Few items go unsold at the Pine Grove Fire Department Auction, but veteran Leonard Wood saw to it Saturday that one thing stayed in-house.
CIRCUIT COURT: February 2014
All calls were responded to within the City of Hood River Feb. 23-March 2.
All calls were responded to within the City of Hood River Feb. 1-24.
Donovan Doroski arrived in Seattle, Wash., last week to prepare for the harrowing experience of receiving a bone marrow transplant — one of the many medical procedures the 20-year-old Hood River man has had to endure since getting diagnosed with stage IV Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2011.
The 50th Annual Pine Grove Rural Fire Department Auction takes place March 1 beginning at 9 a.m., and even with unfavorable weather conditions, the station has accumulated quite a collection of items to sell.
All calls were responded to within the City of Hood River Feb. 17-23.
A fire that burned a studio apartment on the Heights and shut down part of 13th and Taylor streets for nearly two hours Monday afternoon can be blamed on a pot of unattended clam chowder.
A Hood River man accused of raping an underage girl last month is now facing new charges after allegedly touching the private parts of two girls under the age of 14.
A Portland man arrested Feb. 21 as a suspect in a series of motel robberies around western Oregon is believed to be the man who committed an October 2013 robbery at a Hood River motel.
A driver narrowly missed a potentially serious injury Friday morning after a tree fell across Whiskey Creek Road and struck his vehicle.
CIRCUIT COURT: January 2014
All calls were responded to within the City of Hood River Feb. 9-17.
Kenneth Gordon Lolley has made bail and has been released from the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility in The Dalles where he has been held for the past three months on first-degree sexual abuse charges.
With many parts of the country continuing to be in the deep freeze, the National Fire Protection Association issued a renewed warning about the fire dangers associated with heating equipment, saying the improper use of heating equipment can be incredibly dangerous and their misuse is a leading cause of home fire deaths.
Hood River News on TwitterTweets by @HoodRiverNews
Latest blog posts
- John Reischman and the Jaybirds play Bingen March 16
- Making ‘Peace Be Still’ gives inspiration for local singer
- Fairy tales, Star Wars influence latest book in ‘Lunar Chronicles’ series
- Remembering Waterloo 1986
- Avery Hill doesn’t mind the drive – and neither should you
- JD Wilkes & the Dirt Daubers bring raucous electric show to CEBU Jan. 24