Photo detail

COLLEEN MASON, owner of Dirty Paws Grooming, holds on tight to two dogs she removed from her.business after a fire ignited in the kitchen of a studio apartment directly underneath her.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Burned clam chowder responsible for fire at Heights apartment

A fire that burned a studio apartment on the Heights and shut down part of 13th and Taylor streets for nearly two hours Monday afternoon can be blamed on a pot of unattended clam chowder.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site. A user's first several comments must be manually approved by a moderator.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment