October 4, 2017
CUDDEFORD blacksmith interior, circa 1920, juxtaposed with the same view in November 2016 in the Kayak Shed storeroom, courtesy of Arthur Babitz.
Stories this photo appears in:
The old building bridged the downtown enterprises of three centuries. From 19th century blacksmiths through its machine shop era of the early- and mid-1990s, to the wind and water sports of the 20th and 21st century, the Schlosser family-owned Kayak Shed building had served multiple needs for more than 100 years.