- 2 small, firm zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced in long strips on a mandolin
- 4 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken (a great way to use up your left over rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbls chopped sweet basil
- Parmesano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
After cutting, lightly salt the zucchini. Set aside while placing a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When the water boils, blanch the zucchini for 30 seconds, then run under cold water or place in an ice bath to halt the cooking process.
Over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil. When the onions begin to brown on the edges, add the shredded chicken and continue to cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and wine, stir to deglaze the pan. Add the blanched zucchini. Turn off the heat and toss to fully incorporate. Salt and pepper to taste. Divide onto two plates and top with fresh cherry tomatoes, basil and Parmesan.
Added Thursday, Nov. 3, 2016