...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
* Winds...South 35 to 45 mph with gusts of 65 to 70 mph in the
warning area. In the advisory area, south 25 to 35 mph with
gusts to 55 mph.
* Timing...Through this afternoon.
* Locations in the advisory area include...Summer Lake, Paisley,
Valley Falls, Adel, Alkali Lake. Including highway 31 south of
Silver Lake to Valley Falls, highway 395 south of Wagontire
and highway 140 east of Lakeview.
* Locations in the warning area include...Elevations above 5500
feet east of highway 395 and portions of highway 140 between
mile posts 33 and 51.
* Impacts...Strong, gusty winds will make travel difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Unsecured objects will
be blown about.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)