Bingen-White Salmon police
Last weekend’s rescues on Mount Hood gave a three-stage look ahead to what could be a hazardous summer.
Two people swam to safety Sunday after downing their single-engine plane in the Columbia River near the Cascade Locks marina.
The Mid Columbia Medical Center building was damaged by what Hood River Fire Chief Leonard Damian described as “a small fire” with extensive water damage to the three-story commercial building, early on May 15.
On Tuesday, May 12 at approximately 7:28 p.m., The Skamania County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a serious injury motor vehicle collision at milepost 5 on the USFS 65 road, 15 miles north of Carson.
There is a scam circulating in the area that is charging workers who have lost their jobs for filing an unemployment claim and requesting that they pay an additional fee to file, according to Stephanie Krell, PIO Unified Command for Wasco, Sherman and Gilliam counties.
Fire consumed the cab of a semi heading west Tuesday on Interstate 84 in Hood River. Hood River Fire Department responded and put out the fire, keeping it from the trailer, according to Lieut. Paul Henke of the fire department. Both westbound lanes were closed for about a half-hour, stacking…
Regarding the photo of the Hood River Farmers Market published on April 15, Gorge Grown’s Sarah Sullivan wrote, “We’d like our customers to know that we are now only allowing one person from each household into the market for responsible social distancing, and we ask that all customers wear …
Voters will soon be asked to answer yes or no to the question: “Shall Hood River County levy $0.78 per $1,000 assessed value for public safety services for five years beginning 2020? This measure may cause property taxes to increase more than three percent.”
A robbery on a Trout Lake logging company led to the arrests of two men by Klickitat County Sheriff’s Deputies on April 14, Combining forces were law enforcement officers from three counties and U.S. Forest personnel, including an aerial assist.
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) closed recreational hunting, fishing, crabbing and clamming to all non-residents as of Friday, April 10 at 11:59 p.m. This response is due to concern over travel to rural areas of Oregon in order to participate in these activities. Restrictions …
The Oregon State Police is requesting the public’s assistance in identifying two people, one armed, photographed entering a closed wildlife area in Wasco County.
Jonathan David Murphy, 42, of The Dalles, Ore., was sentenced April 2 to seven years in federal prison and five years’ supervised release for transporting and possessing child pornography, according to the Portland office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Two unrelated deaths were reported from Mt. Hood Meadows over the extended holiday weekend: 45-year-old Ryan Zeitner from Portland, and 47-year-old Tim Bauters from Sunnyvale, Calif.
An adult woman died while in custody at the Northern Oregon Regional Corrections Facility (NORCOR)on Feb. 4.
The mother who, with her injured 3-month-old in her arms, stole a car and led local law enforcement on a high-speed, bi-state pursuit back in August has been sentenced to charges relating to the incident.
Wednesday saw a traffic crash westbound on I-84 near exit 76 by Rowena. A semi was traveling west-bound when it flipped over on the overpass around 3:30 p.m., closing both lanes of travel. Traffic was directed around the scene via nearby offramps, rejoining the interstate via onramps past th…
Headlines straight to your inbox!
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- HR proceeds with redesign of Rand-Cascade
- Wearing a mask is ‘vital’ as HR opens up, says health department
- OSP seizes 30 pounds of meth
- Fire hits Bear Mtn. in CL
- Unofficial results for the May 19 Primary Election
- Fire damages MCMC building in Hood River; Medical clients referred to The Dalles
- Plane crashes into river in CL: Bouy at marina marks wreckage of submerged plane
- Sheriff declares distancing orders unconstitutional
- Some OR businesses file lawsuit challenging coronavirus closures
- Death Notices, May 20 edition
- Police and Sheriff Logs, May 27 edition
- What's Happening, May 27 edition
- Youngsters take on COVID, one honk and a coin at a time
- Yacht Club honors graduating senior sailors
- HRV lacrosse seniors honored
- HRC board changes Friday meeting
- HRVHS, Horizon plan vehicle-based commencement events
- HR Library District to start curbside service May 28; Patrons encouraged to continue using online programs