Patty and Mike Schend were presented with the award “Friends in Education” by the Oregon Retired Educators Association at their annual state convention, held May 6-7, this year in Hood River. Making the presentation was Sue Hukari, Unit 20, OREA member.
Rep. Greg Walden (R-Hood River) held his long-awaited town hall at the Hood River Armory last week, where he was almost immediately met with a restless audience shouting out questions and comments.
Despite being on opposite sides of the aisle, and the hallway in the state capitol, Sen. Chuck Thomsen (R-Hood River) and Rep. Anna Williams (D-Hood River) are collaborating in support of their shared constituents.
(Salem, OR) — Governor Kate Brown today ordered all flags at Oregon public institutions to be flown at half-staff on Wednesday, March 6, when members of the public and state government will honor the life of Oregon's 26th Secretary of State Dennis Richardson at the State Capitol in Salem. Fl…
The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife is seeking qualified applicants to fill two soon to be vacant positions on the Fish Restoration and Enhancement (R&E) Program Board.
Governor Kate Brown joined students and members of the Oregon Task Force on School Safety in support of Senate Bill 584, the Oregon Safe to Learn Act, said a press release from Brown’s office.
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- May 21 Special Districts Election results
- MINT operations result in drug arrests
- Chamber fires executive director Mike Glover; Board announces ‘immediate leadership transition’
- Letters to the Editor, May 22 edition
- County voting all but done
- Meet the candidates: HR Port, Parks-Rec Commission
- Obituary: Charlene Stoltz
- Hood River survives districts, sends athletes to state meet
- School District appoints three elementary school vice principals
- Obituary: Roy Connely
- ‘Great Race’ coming to WAAAM
- 'Biscuitball' enlivens May Street gym
- County revenue measures defeated on the ballot
- County amends STR regulations
- United Way announces 2019 allocations
- Car club, car wash owner lift the bucket together to help local family
- HRV’s Dave Case named Regional Teacher of the Year
- Orchard spraying scheduled: OSU Extension issues cherry fruit fly emergence alert